To be eligible for membership in the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of Ancient Free and Accepted Masons of British Columbia and Yukon an applicant must satisfy the following qualifications:
1. The ability to read and write in English.
2. Have resided in British Columbia or the Yukon for the previous twelve months.
3. Have resided within the jurisdiction of the constituent lodge for the previous six months.
4. "shall be a man, of the full age of 21 years, free born and capable of supporting himself and those dependent upon him."
5. Be, in clear conscience, able to answer the following questions in the affirmative:
a) Do you seriously and upon your honour declare that uninfluenced by mercenary or other unworthy motives, and unbiased by the improper solicitations of friends, you freely and voluntarily offer yourself a candidate for the mysteries of Freemasonry?
b) Do you seriously and upon your honour declare that you are prompted to solicit the privileges of Freemasonry by a favorable opinion conceived of the Institution and a desire for knowledge?
c) Do you believe in the existence of a Supreme Being?
Initiates are required to pay an Initiation Fee (current 2016 -2017 fee is $425), which covers all dues & supplies until the next calendar year after your Master Mason degree. Members thence are expected to pay Annual Dues (2016 dues are $300) and be actively involved in the working of the Lodge. This requires a minimum commitmentof one evening a month and the effort to study and understand Freemasonry’s philosophy, history, ritual and practices. As in any society, the member can only get out of it what he puts into it.